We just received the following internship offer from a green business start-up located in Downtown Vancouver. If you are looking for a business or marketing internship in Canada or more precisely Vancouver, please send your resume to inquiry[@]stepwest.ca
This fast-paced position will incorporate your skills and input while working closely with senior directors to implement and execute organizational strategies and create systems to streamline operations. This position is responsible for data entry, assisting management of the organizations HR, helping and creating organizational and program budgets in collaboration with the Directors, and other misc. tasks. With many varied projects, this position is a great way fast track your real world experience.
Tasks and Responsibilities of Assistant Operations Manager:
• Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of the company’s mission – specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
• Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (HR, IT and Finance), through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions.
• Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.
• Development of individual program budgets.
• Calculation of completed units of service.
• Create and maintain database to track and manage client’s history.
• Regular meetings with Directors around company planning.
• Maintain client management database.
• Manage and maintain calendar.
Qualifications of Assistant Operations Manager:
• Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook, and access.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
• Self-motivated with a commitment to excellence in both individual and team performance.
• Ability to manage multiple projects, tasks and assignments while adhering to strict deadlines.
• Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing groups and major projects or initiatives.
• A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
• Demonstrated excellence in writing, editing.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with an aptitude for building and maintaining business relationships.
• Excellent phone skills.
• Extremely organized.
• Open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done.
• Shown interest in urban sustainability and community involvement.
• Interest in franchising and licensing.
• Experience with Mac based software.
• Interest in researching latest business management software.
For more details please take a look at our Student Internship Program page.