We just received the following internship offer from a green business start-up company located in Downtown Vancouver. If you are looking for a business, public relations, communications or even advertising internship in Canada or more precisely Vancouver, please send your resume to inquiry[@]stepwest.ca
This fast-paced position will incorporate your skills and input while working closely with senior directors to plan and execute monthly community events. Develop new relationships, create opportunities with the company’s network, and work on worthwhile events that are fun, exciting and giveback to the community. With many varied projects, this position is a great way fast track your portfolio.
Tasks and Responsibilities of Community Outreach and Events Manager:
• Assists and manages the execution of monthly special events.
• Coordinates sponsorships and special events.
• Works with various organizations and individuals, ensuring alignment to Growing City’s vision, value and mission.
• Conducts post-event blog and analysis to ensure that outreach and involvement are meeting planned objectives.
• Analyzes existing charitable relationships, volunteer practices and diversity outreach partnerships to ensure alignment with strategic direction.
• Provides recommendations and reports to Growing City for decision making on selection of sponsorships and events to promote the company.
• Create a year-long events plan using a strategic calendar.
• Manage and maintain mailing list and newsletter.
• Document and archive media hits and press clippings.
• Document / photograph events.
Qualifications of Community Outreach and Events Manager:
• Experience in planning sponsorship and fundraising activities.
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
• Self-motivated with a commitment to excellence in both individual and team performance.
• Ability to manage multiple projects, tasks and assignments while adhering to strict deadlines.
• Demonstrated excellence in writing, editing.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with an aptitude for building and maintaining business relationships..
• Excellent phone skills.
• Extremely organized.
• Shown interest in urban sustainability and community involvement.
For more details please take a look at our Student Internship Program page.